Sunday, December 12, 2010

YAY!

Life is good. Life is very very very good to me.

There are always rough spots in my life, in everyone's lives actually. Some are rougher than others, and we all should just push through and remember the good times from the past, and the great ones to come from the future.

I just had a really normal weekend, but for some reason it was the best I've had since October. For those of you who don't know, the first three weeks of October were the best of my entire year. Besides summer of this year, actually. This year has been the best and worst of my life, and it seems appropriate because they do come hand in hand. There always has to be some sort of balance.

Basically, this weekend consisted of working a lot and studying for finals. Friday night I went to Kenna's to study math after running errands (which she hated) (but they only took five minutes each!). Then after studying math for a while I went home to study on my own, and later I made Rick come over to help me study for math again. Rick is a genius, everything he said immediately made sense and helped me to understand math. Then I went to bed, because tomorrow morning was.....ACT!

Yuck. The ACT was gross, but I did so much better than last time (the first time I took it). I was really proud of myself on the science portion, but I failed the math. That's ok, I got at least 50% correct! Woop. English and Reading I rocked, because that's where my strengths are.

After the ACT, I went straight to work for a dress rehearsal. The winter showcase was today, December 12th, Sunday. Saturday was slightly hectic, but I did most of my homework during work and it wasn't too bad. I was a guard at the door, making sure no parents went into the studio to see the kids. It had to remain a surprise!

After work I went to Mark's and hung out with him for a little, and helped put up Christmas lights. In reality I just climbed onto the roof (after slamming my knee into a windowframe) and hobbled around complaining. Then I played with Mocha, watched an episode of The Office from season six that I hadn't seen, and left for Kenna's! (second time this weekend).

Once I got to Kenna's we drove to Hein's house and met up with a few people there to study. I just met these guys for the first time that night, and they are already some of the greatest people I know. They're all really goofy and laid back, and it's just too easy to have a great time with them. They made studying fun, and I loved every second of it. Plus I enjoy meeting new people, so that was a nice boost.

Around six forty five I left for Pablo's house to study for sociology with him and Gigi. I arrived before Gigi and went a little crazy from exhaustion, but luckily Pablo is cool so he didn't freak out too much. I basically walked around his kitchen and kept knocking on wood about not getting the chicken pox (long story). Basically, I loved hanging out. We didn't study much, Rick came over when Gigi left, we watched Get Him To The Greek (hilarious), and we had fun riding three people in a two seater Miata...or at least Pablo and I did. Rick was pissed a little, but we couldn't stop laughing.

I loved this weekend a lot because I laughed extremely hard, and I haven't been that happy since the muse concert. I miss everything about the first three weeks of October, about summer in general. I won't talk about today because I don't have any energy left and I need to study for Sociology. I want to remember this weekend as a beacon of hope. Something to represent that no matter how bad things get, they can turn around just as quickly. I love my life, and I will do everything in my power to keep it that way.

Things I did today so I can look back on this and remember:
-Take Christmas Photos for the Johnston Family
-Eat at The Egg& I
-Work and assist with the Winter Showcase
-Decorate a Christmas Tree with MB
-Fall ill and die a little on my bed from stomach sickness
-Draft my Christmas List
-Develop a positive outlook on life

PS-No picture today, too lazy, sorrrry

No comments:

Post a Comment