Monday, December 20, 2010

I Should Be Sleeping...

I have a flight to catch tomorrow. The actual flight is around 2pm, but to save money my dad is driving us and he has to go to work early, unfortunately....so we're leaving at 8AM. BLEH. I'm still not packed, it's 10:12pm. Woops.

This is my home. It's nice to finally feel that
Last night was amazing. First of all, I saw Black Swan---Killer. Beautifully directed, dark plot, just all around wonderful. Then afterwards Gigi, Keenan, and I went up to the star and took photos from the top. Wow, that was crazy. It was the most breathtaking view, I cannot begin to express how amazed I was. I felt so alive. The cold air was squeezing my longs, I was frozen with fear of slipping and sliding down the mountain, and I couldn't take my eyes off of the view. I want to go up there and sit each night until the sun rises, it was the first time I've truly appreciated Boulder or Colorado before.

When I first moved here I looked at the mountains, caught a glimpse, and looked away. My parents stared in awe and appreciation, but I didn't care. Yes Boulderites, hate on me. I don't care about the mountains. The ocean is my niche. But the view from the star was enough to slap me into reality and truly take a look at what is presented in front of me. Even if I don't appreciate the mountains, I can appreciate that view. That view holds my happiness, a part of it that I want to remember forever. I keep taking moments that I love and leaving some happy feelings with them, so that when I go back I can reminisce with respect instead of regret that the moments are over. Lalalala run on sentences, excuse my grammar. We all know I like to ramble, but this is a great one. This is the ramble which speaks of important things, like loving the place I live in.

To conclude, this is one of the first times I don't look forward to going back east. I love my family, but I'd just rather be here all break. Or somewhere warm :) I'll have lots of new pictures and hopefully exciting stories when I get back! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I love being on top of mountains, the view just makes you feel so alive.

    ReplyDelete